Christian Education Newsletter – Fall 2021
Welcome back to in-person Sunday School. We hope were able to participate in the various activities that were dropped off or emailed to you over the last year.
We are excited with the new format that faith formation takes this Fall. On Rally Sunday September 12th, you are invited to return to church for an inter-generational camp-style service with covid protocol considered crafts, activities, and (outside) treats. The Rally Sunday story of Moses and the burning bush leads into the first theme of the fall: Moses and the Israelites, escaping Egypt and wandering in the wilderness.
Mo the Mouse, Humphrey the Camel, Isaac the Goat and Rocky the Badger will help us to learn bible stories that remind us to Trust God. As we wander, adults and children are encouraged to record God Sightings on the bulletin board in the Fellowship Hall.
A God Sighting is seeing what God is doing or has done all around us. Think of all the wonderful things you can see; things created by God- our families you, me stars, sun, moon, animals, birds, and everything! A God Sighting might be someone helping another person or a beautiful sunrise or sunset. You can be a God Sighting by being kind to others.
In addition to the safety practices previously in place, the Christian Education Committee is ensuring that covid protocols are in place for the safe return to CE activities:
• Follow guidance of the Public Health Unit and the province as updates become available.
• Children should sit with their ‘bubble’ during the sanctuary part of the service and leave single file.
• Teachers in the Sunday School have all had two covid vaccinations.
• Passive screening of all participants.
• Masks to be worn by participants as able.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place for the Sunday School area, stairs, and doors.
• Physical distancing of participants when practical
o Consideration of safety protocols when choosing crafts and activities
• Updating the churches records so the church can share relevant information. Children’s information and contact information may have changed since we last met in person.
• The Kids Zone and Nursery are closed at this time until protocols to clean can be put in place.
Other themes this Fall include:
September 19th, Mo Mouse reminds us that God is with us even when we feel small and unimportant. Thank God for the always being with you.
•September 26th, we will recognize that All Children Matter(orange shirt day).
. October 3 Humphrey Camel reminds us that God helps to carry burdens that seem to heavy. Thank God for giving you what you need.
•In late October, we will be starting the session ‘Cave Quest’ as we learn that Jesus is the Light of the World.
•Advent celebrations start on November 28th.
Download a copy of this newsletter here.